I’m starting a summer series on American automotive icons where we’ll have some of the most successful and influential founders, engineers and racing legends on the show to share the untold stories of their craft and discuss exciting trends in the automotive industry.
This week I’m thrilled to have Reeves Callaway, founder of Callaway Cars, on the show to share some of his best stories and nuggets of wisdom he learned from a successful career spanning over 30 years in the automotive industry.
Today, Callaway Cars is known for building some of the fastest, most reliable sports cars in production today, all of which come with a full factory warranty and are 100% emissions legal in all 50 states.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Where Reeves got his passion for cars [3:07]
- Reeves’ philosophy and approach to building fast cars [5:38]
- What makes the Corvette so special [7:76]
- The phone call that started Callaway’s Corvette program [11:00]
- The real story behind the Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer [17:45]
- Reeves’ friendship with John Lingenfelter [28:37]
- Why Callaway switched from turbocharging to supercharging [36:00]
- What Reeves thinks about electric cars and Tesla [40:00]
- Reeves on Callaway Competition and the GT Masters [45:10]
- A few things most people don’t know about Reeves [52:28]
- What advice Reeves would give for people who want to start their own business [54:46]